Monday, May 19, 2014

Marvel's Guardians of Galaxy gather for trailer #2!



A new Guardians trailer!  Yippee!

Yes I am a bit excited for this film, if you couldn't tell.  I mean where else am I going to see a foul mouthed, talking, gun totting raccoon this summer?  I mean seriously Rocket Raccoon up there could become my favorite character in a comic book film, or hell in any film.  The idea of him and the execution here are just so damn cool.

Anyway, what else is there to like here:

The use of music has been great in both trailers as each used an iconic song that one would not immediately associate with something like this and blended it perfectly.  I love both songs used in this trailer and they both work to establish that this film isn't going to be all serious and would have some play to it and a sense of fun.

I think Chris Pratt does a good job, from what we can see here, as Star Lord/Peter Quill.  There is a very easy charm to him as an actor that reminds me in some ways of Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones or Han Solo.  You just like this character from the start and want to follow him on his adventure.  I look forward to seeing Star Lord and Tony Stark share the screen at some point in the future.  What fun that scene would be.

Rocket Raccoon is awesome!  I think Bradley Cooper is the perfect choice to voice the character and I like what he does here in the small bits of dialogue we get.

Groot looks cool.  I wasn't sure early on, before we saw nary an image from the film, whether or not they would be able to pull this off.  I mean Groot is a walking and talking tree!  But they have done well here and the character looks great.

Overall it is a very good trailer and effective in what it sets out to do.  It established the characters, the overall story, and the tone of the film in a way that does not give away the film's major moments.  What else can I say than I am very excited for this film.  I can not wait to see it.  Only three more months, only three more months.

No comments:

Post a Comment